Sunday, November 7, 2010

Moving on

Now past my rant and into something a bit nicer. For those who know me, know that I am a true breed southern woman. I was raised in the fine state of Virginia, but my Daddy's roots are North Carolina all the way.

Last week he finally managed what I think has been a long term dream, he found a pastorship in Lumberton, N.C. I am all ready jealous thinking about the hushpuppies and barbeque.

Today is his first sermon, and I am sure he will wow them. He has been heard a few times, but my daddy is good at his job. He outlines his topic step by step and hops all over the bible throughout but, his ability to weave together parts of the bible I have never heard before.

He also is known to feel the spirit and get a little happy. He will dance, sing or simply fall into a sing song pattern. I miss my parents and I miss my daddy's sermons. This is a lot coming from a P.K. who spent her entire childhood in church and at my teens age rebelled hard and heavy.

We have found a little methodist church just around the corner as my preference is small and hopefully a little old fashioned. I am taking my oldest son who really wants to go and hopefully next week the whole family.

I love you mom and dad, I am not homesick I just miss my loving parents. I am sure if mom reads this she will be pleasantly surprised. God and I have been good for some time, I just have not wanted a churchy environment. Maybe I am growing up? Either way, it certainly doesn't hurt a body to go and worship.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

That was absolutely beauttiful. i am so proud of you for pursuing the one and only person in the world who can truly help us with any problem we put before him. A frend of mine from work always says that the "only" reason she has good teenagers is becuz she has kept them close to God and church. You are doing the right thing; a good thing. So happy to hear this!

Blasé said...

PTL and pass the biscuits!

jojo said...

It was a nice little church. My son and I both enjoyed it!

Mrs4444 said...

As parents, we plant seeds, and with any luck, they sprout :) Bravo to your parent gardeners.

Powered By Blogger