Friday, December 11, 2009

And then there was help

Yesterday, I was at my lowest point. I had heard people were going to help me, but I wasn't getting any positive responses. I felt the weight of an entire house to pack plus the divorce proceedings on my shoulders. I was overwhelmed.

Today, help just arrived. A friend followed me to my new addy and helped me do the pre-move in check list. If they didn't like me before, they sure do not now. The lessor also tried to rush me through reading my lease and was unhappy when I noted that I was paying every month in advance as they wouldn't work with my monthly payment that does not come on the first. With out his help I would have missed a lot of stuff.

After dragging home and missing the cable guy I got a phone call from a friend of a friend. She came over and we worked like mad women. Everything but our food and my pretties is packed. A lot of property is in dispute, so I will be leaving most of it, except the items I truly need. Things have a way of providing when you need them. We all need bedroom furniture. I guess I can take my time and buy it bit by bit. I guess it's better to have too little than too much, eh?

I also met my M.S. support group and they were wonderful. There is a man amongst them who represents a HMO type plan which I may really need to consider. He just told me how much my tysabri treatments were going to cost and its astronomical. His plan I'd only have $130.00 or so each month to pay. Like I actually have that much extra haahhaaahhhhaaa.

Well, I'll end this on a note about debt. This comes from my best southern friend. "well they can't eat ya' and if they do you just might like it!" ;-)!

2 comments:

Tara R. said...

Glad to hear you got some help with the move. Good luck settling in your new place.

jojo said...

Thank you, we won't be moving until next weekend, but we are just down to odds and ends.

Powered By Blogger